Six year old Divya returns home, UP police nab four kidnappers
Agra: 'Tum Mujh Se Naraaz To Nahi Ho (hope you are not angry with me)' was what Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav asked six-year old Divya who was kidnapped on Saturday evening and was safely rescued in wee hours on Thursday.
The UP CM, in a brief chat with the child also asked if he was terrified. When the boy replied in negative, the CM told his parent how brave is your son. He also shook hands with the police officers present on the occasion when people complimented their efforts in rescuing the child from the clutches of kidnappers.
In fact, CM's visit well coincided with the successful operation of the police. The child of a paper merchant was kidnapped from the Madia Katra region in Agra and was recovered from Tajganj locality in Agra.
- The miscreants had demanded a ransom of Rs two crore.
- Prateek Varshneya, father of the kidnapped boy said that his son was cycling within the colony premises in the presence of his mother and grandmother when two bike-borne miscreants picked him up and disappeared.
- The Agra Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP), Preetinder Singh had asked for the assistance of the Special Task Force (STF) in this regard.
- Police teams were deployed in various parts of the city.
- MPs, MLAs and leaders of several parties kept visiting Varshneya's resident.
- A group of four kidnappers had been nabbed by the police.