Sheena murder: Indrani's driver turns approver, pardon granted
New Delhi: A special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court on Monday made key accused Indrani Mukerjea’s former driver, Shyamvar Rai, an approver in Sheena Bora murder case and granted him pardon.
Last month, Rai had moved an application in the court, wanting to become an approver and had sought pardon as well. Even the CBI said they had no objection in making Rai an approver.
“You will have to be truthful about what you know, what exactly happened, what your role was and what others did,” special Judge H S Mahajan asked Rai.
- Rai is currently lodged in Central Jail of Thane in Maharashtra.
- While recording his statement before the court, Rai said he was under no pressure or threat to reveal the facts in the case.
- Rai also said he was repentant about his act.
- Rai was the first accused to be arrested in the case in August last year.
- India reports 12,751 new Covid cases and 42 deaths in last 24 hours
- Maha cabinet expansion: 18 MLAs take oath as ministers
- No differences on portfolio allocation, says RJD as Nitish set to exit BJP alliance
- JioGames launches streaming platform "JioGamesWatch"
- NEET PG 2022: Counselling expected to begin from September 1, Supreme court refuses stay- Details here
- 'Deal Finalized' between Nitish Kumar-Tejashwi Yadav; BJP warns Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Monsoon Update: IMD predicts heavy showers in THESE states for next 4 days; check list
- UP politician Shrikant Tyagi, accused of abusing women, arrested in Meerut
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?