SC allows publishing photos of Chief Minister on government Ads
New Delhi: The Supreme Court , on Friday, lifted the ban on publishing pictures of Union Ministers, Chief Ministers, and Governors in government advertisements.
The Supreme Court modified its earlier order and allowed the publication of photographs. The order was passed by the bench comprising of Justice Ranjan Gogoi and Justice PC Ghose.
Ban was imposed on May 13 last:
- The apex court imposed the ban on publishing photographs of Chief Minister, Governor, Union Minister and State Minister on May 13, 2015.
- Photographs of President, Prime Minister and Chief Justice of India were allowed to be published on the government advertisements.
Review petition was filed by five states:
- A reviewpetition was filed by the governments of Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, West Bengal and Assam.
- The verdict will particularly help leaders of those states who are going to polls in near future.
What bench said?
"We review our judgment and allow the publication of pictures of Union Ministers of concerned departments, Chief Ministers, Governors and State Ministers of the concerned departments,” the bench said.
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?
- Yogi Adityanath govt announces Rs 25,000 reward for info on Shrikant Tyagi
- PV Sindhu saunters to maiden individual Commonwealth Games gold, completes hat-trick of CWG medals
- Grand Omaxe Society residents hail 'bulldozer baba' after action against Shrikant Tyagi's Noida residence
- Sensex gains 110 pts in early trade; Nifty above 17,400 in opening trade
- CLAT 2023: Registration begins today, here's direct link & how to apply
- Married couple to Get Rs 72,000 yearly pension by investing just Rs 200 per month, here's how
- Twinkle Khanna has an epic reaction to Ranveer Singh's nude photoshoot: The photographs seem underexposed
- Attention! Dangerous chemicals are dissolved in rain water