Say ‘bye’ to Koh Tachai Island due to heavy tourism
Bangkok: Mentioning the heavy tourism is negatively impacting the natural resources and environment, the Thailand authorities have decided to close the island of Koh Tachai, a popular tourist destination.
As per Bangkok Post, almost all Thai marine national parks remain closed from mid-May to mid-October during monsoon season, but Tachai will not reopen.
Director General of the Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plants Conservation, Tunya Netithammakul informs:
- We are close to allow the rehabilitation of the environment both in the island and the sea.
- We do not want to be disturbed by tourism activities before the damage is beyond repair.
According to local media cited experts:
- A beach on Koh Tachai can hold approx 70 people.
- At times, number of tourists exceeds upto 1,000.
- It also includes food stalls and tea boats.
With its beautiful and marvellous locations, Thailand witnesses million of tourists a year.
- India reports 12,751 new Covid cases and 42 deaths in last 24 hours
- Maha cabinet expansion: 18 MLAs take oath as ministers
- No differences on portfolio allocation, says RJD as Nitish set to exit BJP alliance
- JioGames launches streaming platform "JioGamesWatch"
- NEET PG 2022: Counselling expected to begin from September 1, Supreme court refuses stay- Details here
- 'Deal Finalized' between Nitish Kumar-Tejashwi Yadav; BJP warns Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Monsoon Update: IMD predicts heavy showers in THESE states for next 4 days; check list
- UP politician Shrikant Tyagi, accused of abusing women, arrested in Meerut
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?