Rumour leads to violent protest in Etah, several injured
Etah: Outraged over the rumour, an agitated mob attacked the Avagarh police station in Etah district of Uttar Pradesh on late Friday night and indulged into firing, stone pelting and vandalism.
Sources here said that, the mob was enraged over the rumour that one of the youths taken into police custody over theft charges was killed by the police.
The violent protest:
- Mob attacked the police station at around 2345 hours.
- They pelted stones, vandalized police station and even damaged police vehicles.
- Several policemen were injured during this.
- Police resorted to firing in view of their security.
- Additional police forces and PAC have been deployed in the area in view to avoid further unrest.
- One Rajesh sustained bullet injuries and was referred to Agra.