Protect constitutional rights in 'Super Emergency' era: Mamata
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has reiterated that the country is going through a period of "Super Emergency" and called on people to protect the rights and freedom guaranteed by the Constitution.
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has reiterated that the country is going through a period of "Super Emergency" and called on people to protect the rights and freedom guaranteed by the Constitution.
On the occasion of the International Day of Democracy on Sunday, she urged the countrymen to safeguard the constitutional values upon which independent India was founded.
"On the #InternationalDayofDemocracy today (Sunday), let us once again pledge to safeguard the constitutional values our country was founded on.
"In this era of 'Super Emergency', we must do all it takes to protect the rights and freedoms that our Constitution guarantees," she tweeted.
The Trinamool Congress supremo has time and again said that the country is going through 'Super Emergency' under the BJP-led NDA rule at the Centre.
The United Nations General Assembly had in 2007 resolved to observe September 15 every year as the International Day of Democracy to uphold and promote the principles of democracy.
- Y-Factor : Who designed the National Flag| EP- 336 || Yogesh Mishra | Indian National Flag ||
- Ten Sri Lankans missing from Commonwealth Games; here's the TRUTH
- 'Don't talk about superstitious things like 'black magic' to hide...': Rahul Gandhi schools Narendra Modi
- Gold Price Today: On Rakshabandhan Gold gets cheaper, check price in your city
- MS Dhoni set to be involved with CSK's South Africa T20 league team, franchise to be named THIS
- Sensitization and SBCC Campaign on Fortified Rice in Uttar Pradesh
- India reports 12,751 new Covid cases and 42 deaths in last 24 hours
- Maha cabinet expansion: 18 MLAs take oath as ministers
- No differences on portfolio allocation, says RJD as Nitish set to exit BJP alliance
- JioGames launches streaming platform "JioGamesWatch"