Prime Minister Narendra Modi pays obeisance at Kamakhya temple
Guwahati: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday visited the famous 16th century Kamakhya temple in Assam on the first day of Hindu festival Navratra.
Modi observes a fast of nine days and does not change his rules of fast even if he is on tour.
- During fasts Modi only takes water mixed with lime and honey.
- He wakes up at around 0400 hours and performs yogic exercises and meditates.
- Does his routine work and takes luke warm water mixed with honey.
- Drinks a cup of tea instead of taking fruits or other diet.
- He carries a bottle of lime water with him during fasts.
- Prays for an hour in the evening.
Prayed to Maa Kamakhya, for the development of our nation & the wellbeing of our citizens. pic.twitter.com/AateokYHC3
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) April 8, 2016