Pistorius sustains wrist injuries, rushed to hospital from jail
Cape Town: Former South African athlete Oscar Pistorius, who was sentenced to six years in prison for killing his girlfriend, was on Saturday rushed to a hospital from the jail with his wrists slashed, prison officials said on Sunday.
“The gold medalist sprint runner received treatment for wrist injuries at a local hospital,” confirmed the prison service spokesman.
A local daily newspaper reported that blades were found in the former Olympian’s cell during a subsequent search. His brother Carl Pistorius, however, tweeted that Oscar had sustained injuries after slipping in his cell and the reports that he had wounded himself were totally fabricated.
- It may be mentioned that Oscar Pistotius is guilty of killing Reeva Steenkamp in 2013.
- His jail term was in July increased from five to six years.
- The prosecutor said the court had treated Pistorius leniently as they sought at least 15 years of imprisonment for him.
- India reports 12,751 new Covid cases and 42 deaths in last 24 hours
- Maha cabinet expansion: 18 MLAs take oath as ministers
- No differences on portfolio allocation, says RJD as Nitish set to exit BJP alliance
- JioGames launches streaming platform "JioGamesWatch"
- NEET PG 2022: Counselling expected to begin from September 1, Supreme court refuses stay- Details here
- 'Deal Finalized' between Nitish Kumar-Tejashwi Yadav; BJP warns Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Monsoon Update: IMD predicts heavy showers in THESE states for next 4 days; check list
- UP politician Shrikant Tyagi, accused of abusing women, arrested in Meerut
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?