Pakistan former PM’s abducted son returns home after 3 years
Kabul: The former Prime Minister of Pakistan Yousuf Raza Gilani’s abducted son was on Monday rescued from Afghanistan after the United States (US) and Afghan forces carried out a joint operation. Ali Haider Gilani was kidnapped by suspected Taliban militants on May 9, 2013.
“The ex-premier’s son has been recovered from the Ghazni province of Afghanistan and his transfer to the country is being arranged following a medical check-up,” said Pakistan’s Foreign Office in a statement.
Ali’s recovery was even announced by the Pakistan People’s party chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari on his Twitter handle.
— BilawalBhuttoZardari (@BBhuttoZardari) May 10, 2016
- Gilani received a call from the ambassador of Afghanistan, informing about his son's recovery.
- Ali was kidnapped by gunmen while leaving a street corner outside a supporter’s house in Multan.
- Two of his associates were killed in the abduction.
- India reports 12,751 new Covid cases and 42 deaths in last 24 hours
- Maha cabinet expansion: 18 MLAs take oath as ministers
- No differences on portfolio allocation, says RJD as Nitish set to exit BJP alliance
- JioGames launches streaming platform "JioGamesWatch"
- NEET PG 2022: Counselling expected to begin from September 1, Supreme court refuses stay- Details here
- 'Deal Finalized' between Nitish Kumar-Tejashwi Yadav; BJP warns Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Monsoon Update: IMD predicts heavy showers in THESE states for next 4 days; check list
- UP politician Shrikant Tyagi, accused of abusing women, arrested in Meerut
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?