Now Buddhist monk to spread achievements of BJP
Lucknow: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), in a bid to lure dalit voters, will now take support of Buddhist monks who would spread the good works done by BJP led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government in the centre.
Roping in Dhamm Virio Mahathera, a Buddhist monk, BJP is trying to reach the masses for spread the achievements of the government in all 75 districts of Uttar Pradesh.
- The 87-year-old Dhamm Virio Mahathera is helping the BJP, party sources said.
- He is the leader of ‘Akhil Bharatiya Bhikshu Mahasangh’.
- He started the ‘Dhamm Chetna Yatra’ on April 24 from Sarnath.
- He would travel in all 75 districts of the state.
Dhamm Chetna Yatra:
- The aim of the Dhamma Chetna Yatra is to spread knowledge about Buddhism and Baba saheb Bheem Rao Ambedkar.
- They will also spread the ideology of Prime Minister Narendra Modi towards the Dalit icon Ambedkar.
- There are about 80 monks in this Yatra.
- They address 7,000-8,000 dalits in every leg of their yatra.
- He was an RJD Rajya Sabha member in 2000.
- He was sacked in 2001 for anti-party activities.