Netaji’s grandnephew seeks CBI probe into Jawaharbagh violence
Kolkata: Peeved over the use of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose's name by the sect involved in Mathura outrage, his grandnephew Chandra Kumar Bose on Tuesday demanded a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the incident.
"Netaji took up arms to fight against the British rule. As far as the current scenario is concerned, the rule of law is supreme and we have a Constitution, which does not allow anyone to take law into their own hands. Apparently, the people of the sect were using Netaji’s name for self-interest. I think there should be a CBI inquiry into the incident to unearth the truth," said Bose in a statement.
- Ram Vriksh Yadav was the leader of ‘Azad Bharat Vidhik Vaicharik Kranti Satyagrahi’ – an outfit claiming allegiance to Netaji.
- "I strongly object to the use of Netaji's name by this sect,” said Bose.
- "How were they (the sect) having so much of arms and ammunition?" he wondered.
- India reports 12,751 new Covid cases and 42 deaths in last 24 hours
- Maha cabinet expansion: 18 MLAs take oath as ministers
- No differences on portfolio allocation, says RJD as Nitish set to exit BJP alliance
- JioGames launches streaming platform "JioGamesWatch"
- NEET PG 2022: Counselling expected to begin from September 1, Supreme court refuses stay- Details here
- 'Deal Finalized' between Nitish Kumar-Tejashwi Yadav; BJP warns Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Monsoon Update: IMD predicts heavy showers in THESE states for next 4 days; check list
- UP politician Shrikant Tyagi, accused of abusing women, arrested in Meerut
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?