National Police Day: PM recalls valour of policemen
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday recalled the valour of police personnel who perform duty under trying circumstances.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday recalled the valour of police personnel who perform duty under trying circumstances.
On Police Commemoration Day, the prime minister saluted police forces and their families.
"...remember with pride those brave police personnel martyred in the line of duty today on Police Commemoration Day," he tweeted.
Police personnel perform their duties with utmost diligence and their courage always motivates us, the prime minister said.
On this day in 1959, 10 police personnel were killed in a Chinese attack and the commemoration day is observed to mark the incident. Then police used to guard the border with China.
- India reports 12,751 new Covid cases and 42 deaths in last 24 hours
- Maha cabinet expansion: 18 MLAs take oath as ministers
- No differences on portfolio allocation, says RJD as Nitish set to exit BJP alliance
- JioGames launches streaming platform "JioGamesWatch"
- NEET PG 2022: Counselling expected to begin from September 1, Supreme court refuses stay- Details here
- 'Deal Finalized' between Nitish Kumar-Tejashwi Yadav; BJP warns Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Monsoon Update: IMD predicts heavy showers in THESE states for next 4 days; check list
- UP politician Shrikant Tyagi, accused of abusing women, arrested in Meerut
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?