Naidu, Modi remember Bhagat Singh on his birth anniversary
Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu, along with Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on Saturday remembered freedom fighter Bhagat Singh on his 112nd birth anniversary, saying his valour and sacrifice continue to encourage generations.
New Delhi: Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu, along with Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on Saturday remembered freedom fighter Bhagat Singh on his 112nd birth anniversary, saying his valour and sacrifice continue to encourage generations.
"His valour and courage and the great sacrifice made by him for the country's freedom will continue to inspire every Indian for all times. The nation is ever grateful to the iconic nationalist," Naidu said.
The prime minister said Bhagat Singh remains among the most popular icons in the minds of the youth.
"Bhagat Singh's name is synonymous with valour and sacrifice. His courageous actions continue to motivate millions," Modi wrote on Twitter.
Bhagat Singh was born on this day in Banga, then undivided Punjab in 1907.
- India reports 12,751 new Covid cases and 42 deaths in last 24 hours
- Maha cabinet expansion: 18 MLAs take oath as ministers
- No differences on portfolio allocation, says RJD as Nitish set to exit BJP alliance
- JioGames launches streaming platform "JioGamesWatch"
- NEET PG 2022: Counselling expected to begin from September 1, Supreme court refuses stay- Details here
- 'Deal Finalized' between Nitish Kumar-Tejashwi Yadav; BJP warns Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Monsoon Update: IMD predicts heavy showers in THESE states for next 4 days; check list
- UP politician Shrikant Tyagi, accused of abusing women, arrested in Meerut
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?