Faisal, a muslim youth becomes biggest devotee of Lord Ram
Allahabad: Trashing relentless debates on ‘intolerance’ and ‘communalism’, Faisal Khan, a Muslim youth from the city of intellectuals Allahabad, has redefined communal harmony by preaching Hindu god Lord Rama in a unique style.
Faisal, an ardent follower of Lord Rama, has become the biggest account holder in Ram Bank, a unique initiative being run by the Hindu devotees in Allahabad. Unfazed by the societal or religious banters in this regard, he says it is a matter of personal faith and his family has full support on this.
What is Ram Bank:
- A non-financial religious bank being run by devotees of Lord Rama.
- Based on cooperative system.
- Its financial year starts from Ram Navami.
- One can open its account by writing ‘Ram’ 1.25 lakh times on a white paper with red ink in a month.
- A pass book is provided to all the account holders for free of cost.
- It was started with 51 account holders which have now increased to 75,000.
- He has written ‘Ram’ for more than 10 lakh times.
- He has been awarded with the ‘Ram Nam Sewa’ award on Friday.
- Faisal is perhaps the first Muslim to receive this award.
What Faisal says:
- He inclination towards Rama started after watching ‘Ramayana’.
- He believes that taking the name of Rama ends all the problems.
- His family also supported him for this.