Mukerjea’s driver turns approver in Sheena Bora murder case
Mumbai: In a fresh revelation in the sensational Sheena Bora murder mystery, prime accused Indrani Mukerjea’s driver Shyamyar Rai on Wednesday claimed the victim was killed by strangulation in his presence. Shockingly, the driver has now decided to become an approver in the case.
“Sheena was strangled and I was a participant in the murder. I am giving this statement under no pressure, threat or coercion but, because I feel repentant for my act,” Rai told the special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court in Mumbai.
“An accomplice can be made an approver under section 133 of the evidence act. Now, the drivers testimony will be of great help in the trial,” said senior lawyer Abha Singh.
Indrani planned her daughter’s murder:
Indrani Rai and Khanna allegedly strangled the 24-year-old victim inside a car in a forest outside Mumbai. The crime came to light in August and was said to be linked with certain financial dealings. Sheena was Indirani’s daughter from previous relationship.
- Rai was the first accuse to be detained in connection with the murder case in August 2015.
- The court has directed the CBI to file its reply over Rai plea to turn approver in the case on May 17.
- India reports 12,751 new Covid cases and 42 deaths in last 24 hours
- Maha cabinet expansion: 18 MLAs take oath as ministers
- No differences on portfolio allocation, says RJD as Nitish set to exit BJP alliance
- JioGames launches streaming platform "JioGamesWatch"
- NEET PG 2022: Counselling expected to begin from September 1, Supreme court refuses stay- Details here
- 'Deal Finalized' between Nitish Kumar-Tejashwi Yadav; BJP warns Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Monsoon Update: IMD predicts heavy showers in THESE states for next 4 days; check list
- UP politician Shrikant Tyagi, accused of abusing women, arrested in Meerut
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?