Maruti Suzuki India records marginal decline in total sales of October
New Delhi: Nation's largest car maker Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) has recorded a marginal decline in total sales of October at 1,33,793 units as against 1,34,209 units in October last year.
The sales of mini segments cars including Alto, WagonR declined by 9.8 percent. It was reported as 33,929 units as compared to 37,595 units in the previous year month, MSI said in its statement.
MSI Executive Director (Marketing and sales) RS Kalsi however said,"Market demand for Maruti Suzuki products remained strong during the month. Strong retail sales of Ciaz, S Cross and Ertiga, besides of course Brezza and Baleno, kept the momentum positive for us." He further stated," MSI sales have grown by about 14 per cent as compared to last year.
- Sales of Swift, Estilo,Ritz, DZire and baleno have declined by 1.8 per cent to 50,116 units in October this year as against 51,048 units in 2015.
- Sales of MSI's compact Sedan Dzire tour declined by 27.4 per cent.
- Utility vehicles including Gypsi, Ertiga, S Cross and compact SUV Vitara Brezza searched over 90.9 per cent.
- Sales of van declined by 6.5 per cent.
- Exports of MSI during the month declined by 23.7 per cent.