Top

Jharkhand youth eats poisonous snake after being bitten by it

By

Published on 27 March 2016 11:43 AM GMT

Jharkhand youth eats poisonous snake after being bitten by it
X
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print

Ranchi: A youth reportedly ate a poisonous snake alive after being bitten by it while working in his field on Friday at Harmu village in Lohardaga district of Jharkhand.

Later, he was admitted to a local hospital where he was stated to be out of danger by the doctors.

Highlights:

  • A snake bit 30-year-old Surendra Oraon while he was working in his field.
  • Instead of being anxious, he devoured the venomous creature alive barring its head.
  • He went home and told his family members about the incident and was rushed to a hospital.

Read this also Fed-up with sunburn, woman ends life in Pilbhit

  • Oraon was discharged from the hospital the very next day.
  • “We discharged him this morning as he was absolutely normal after the night-long care,” said Dr Shailesh Kumar.
  • Oraon said he had heard of people eating snakes after being bitten as it helps save the victims’ lives.
  • Another villager said that the area had witnessed many such incidents and the victims have all survived to tell the tale.

Next Story