Jharkhand youth eats poisonous snake after being bitten by it
Ranchi: A youth reportedly ate a poisonous snake alive after being bitten by it while working in his field on Friday at Harmu village in Lohardaga district of Jharkhand.
Later, he was admitted to a local hospital where he was stated to be out of danger by the doctors.
- A snake bit 30-year-old Surendra Oraon while he was working in his field.
- Instead of being anxious, he devoured the venomous creature alive barring its head.
- He went home and told his family members about the incident and was rushed to a hospital.
Read this also Fed-up with sunburn, woman ends life in Pilbhit
- Oraon was discharged from the hospital the very next day.
- “We discharged him this morning as he was absolutely normal after the night-long care,” said Dr Shailesh Kumar.
- Oraon said he had heard of people eating snakes after being bitten as it helps save the victims’ lives.
- Another villager said that the area had witnessed many such incidents and the victims have all survived to tell the tale.