KGMU may start air-ambulance facility very soon
Lucknow: In order to provide better facilities to its patients, King George Medical University, Lucknow has planned to provide air ambulance services. This facility will benefit those who are referred to better hospitals for treatment.
The main motive behind introducing the facility is to reduce the time being taken in shifting critical cases to big and better hospitals.
Detailed Project Report being prepared:
- KGMU is in contacts with two private air service companies in relation to this project.
- The authorities of the company are preparing the Detailed Project Report (DPR) and the work is expected to start soon.
First government hospital to introduce the service:
- KGMU will become the first government hospital in entire country to provide such facility to patients.
- The service presently operates in private sector hospitals and other institutions made under trusts.
- PGI Chandigarh and many other hospitals do have the helipads but they do not operate the air ambulances.
Project needs state government assistance:
- Dr. Ved Prakash, Medical Superintendent, KGMC told newztrack.com that the hospital authorities are in talks with state government over the issue and are waiting for their response.
- He stated that state assistance will help in reducing the cost to be borne by the hospital for the project.
- Dr. Prakash said that if the government does not respond positive, KGMU will itself pay the expenses of the project to provide better facilities to patients.
- India reports 12,751 new Covid cases and 42 deaths in last 24 hours
- Maha cabinet expansion: 18 MLAs take oath as ministers
- No differences on portfolio allocation, says RJD as Nitish set to exit BJP alliance
- JioGames launches streaming platform "JioGamesWatch"
- NEET PG 2022: Counselling expected to begin from September 1, Supreme court refuses stay- Details here
- 'Deal Finalized' between Nitish Kumar-Tejashwi Yadav; BJP warns Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Monsoon Update: IMD predicts heavy showers in THESE states for next 4 days; check list
- UP politician Shrikant Tyagi, accused of abusing women, arrested in Meerut
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?