Kerala Tourism Department organises cultural event in Lucknow
Lucknow: Exhibiting the state’s spellbinding art and culture, the tourism department of God’s own country Kerala on Wednesday organised a cultural event at ‘Paryatan Bhawan’ in the ‘City of Nawabs’.
Winning the hearts of Lucknowites, the cultural programme was primarily aimed at promoting Kerala’s tourism.
Following dance forms became 'cynosure of all eyes' at the event:
- Mohiniyattam: The classical dance form was introduced in the 16th century. Mohiniyattam is among the eight classical dance forms of India, recognised by the ‘Sangeet Natak Academy’.
- Mayoora Nritham (Peacock Dance): This dance form aptly showcases the cultural beauty of Kerala with its expressions and steps inspired by Peacock, the national bird of India. Artists performing ‘Mayoora Nritham’ put on makeup and dress to resemble a peacock. This dance is usually performed by women.
- Theyyam: It is a well-known ritual form of worship dance in the state of Kerala. It is usually performed in late hours without make-up of ornamental costumes to revere the Lord.
- Kathakali: It is one of the most significant kinds of Indian classical dance. It is a story-play genre of dance, distinguished by its aesthetically colourful make-up, face-masks and costumes. The performers of this dance form are generally dancers-cum-actors. It is usually performed by males.
- India reports 12,751 new Covid cases and 42 deaths in last 24 hours
- Maha cabinet expansion: 18 MLAs take oath as ministers
- No differences on portfolio allocation, says RJD as Nitish set to exit BJP alliance
- JioGames launches streaming platform "JioGamesWatch"
- NEET PG 2022: Counselling expected to begin from September 1, Supreme court refuses stay- Details here
- 'Deal Finalized' between Nitish Kumar-Tejashwi Yadav; BJP warns Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Monsoon Update: IMD predicts heavy showers in THESE states for next 4 days; check list
- UP politician Shrikant Tyagi, accused of abusing women, arrested in Meerut
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?