Japan boy beats odds to survive in dense forest for six days
Tokyo: Miracles do happen and an instance to it is the rescue story of a 7-year-old Yamato Tanooka who has been found alive from dense forest area after six days. Military personnel rescued the boy from inside a wooden hut in Hokkaido, Japan's northernmost island.
Tanooka was immediately rushed to the hospital where doctors said that he luckily sustained only cuts and was not in a state of panic.
The doctors said, "He was incredibly calm considering he had been missing for seven days. He didn't panic at all."
In the last six days, the forest observed heavy rainfall following which the temperature of the area dropped to 7 degree Celsius but the child miraculously survived.
Military personnel said, “He was hungry and thirsty. We offered him rice balls and bread to eat after which he introduced himself as Yamato Tanooka.”
Tanooka’s parents said that they made him get out of the car to punish him for misbehaving. They, then got busy in gathering vegetables and found him missing from the spot.
- India reports 12,751 new Covid cases and 42 deaths in last 24 hours
- Maha cabinet expansion: 18 MLAs take oath as ministers
- No differences on portfolio allocation, says RJD as Nitish set to exit BJP alliance
- JioGames launches streaming platform "JioGamesWatch"
- NEET PG 2022: Counselling expected to begin from September 1, Supreme court refuses stay- Details here
- 'Deal Finalized' between Nitish Kumar-Tejashwi Yadav; BJP warns Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Monsoon Update: IMD predicts heavy showers in THESE states for next 4 days; check list
- UP politician Shrikant Tyagi, accused of abusing women, arrested in Meerut
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?