ISIS Terror: Car bombings in Baghdad killed and wounded many
Baghdad: In yet another terrorist attack, three car blasts in Baghdad – Capital of Iraq – have killed at least 88 people and wounded many others.
The first of the three blasts hit an outdoor market on Wednesday morning in the northern district Sadr City, killing at least 63 people and injuring 82 others. Sadr City is predominately a Shiite locality.
“Our associate Abu Sulaiman al-Ansari detonated the explosive vehicle,” said Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) in an online statement, claiming responsibility for the attacks.
It was followed by a suicide blast at a police station in Kadhimiyah, another Shiite Muslim district in the northwest of the Iraq’s Capital.
Eighteen people were killed in the blast, including five police officials. Another 34 people were injured.
Later, in western Baghdad, a suicide car bombing killed seven and wounded 22.
"These are cowardly terror attacks on civilians, who are of no harm to anyone. Their only fault is going about their normal daily lives," said Jan Kubis, the top envoy of the United Nation (UN) in Iraq.
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?
- Yogi Adityanath govt announces Rs 25,000 reward for info on Shrikant Tyagi
- PV Sindhu saunters to maiden individual Commonwealth Games gold, completes hat-trick of CWG medals
- Grand Omaxe Society residents hail 'bulldozer baba' after action against Shrikant Tyagi's Noida residence
- Sensex gains 110 pts in early trade; Nifty above 17,400 in opening trade
- CLAT 2023: Registration begins today, here's direct link & how to apply
- Married couple to Get Rs 72,000 yearly pension by investing just Rs 200 per month, here's how
- Twinkle Khanna has an epic reaction to Ranveer Singh's nude photoshoot: The photographs seem underexposed
- Attention! Dangerous chemicals are dissolved in rain water