HRD Minister Smriti Irani honours Kashi's daughter Soni
Nagepur (Varanasi): Union Human Resource Development Minister (HRD) Smriti Irani on Thursday honoured Kashi’s daughter Soni Chaurasia, who had made a world record for dancing continuously for 126 hours.
The HRD minister also unveiled the statue of India’s first law minister Dr Bheemrao Ramji Ambedkar at Nagepur, the village adopted by Prime Minsiter Narendra Modi under the ‘Adarsh Gram Scheme’.
Smriti’s visit to Nagepur:
- Unveiled the idol of Dr Ambedkar.
- Inaugurated the ‘digital nanad ghar' for women.
- Distributed radios, e-rickshaws and cheques.
- Inaugurated a bus stop.
“The Prime Minister Narendra Modi does not travel with scribes when he visits home of the poor like Rahul Gandhi,“ Irani said.
- India reports 12,751 new Covid cases and 42 deaths in last 24 hours
- Maha cabinet expansion: 18 MLAs take oath as ministers
- No differences on portfolio allocation, says RJD as Nitish set to exit BJP alliance
- JioGames launches streaming platform "JioGamesWatch"
- NEET PG 2022: Counselling expected to begin from September 1, Supreme court refuses stay- Details here
- 'Deal Finalized' between Nitish Kumar-Tejashwi Yadav; BJP warns Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Monsoon Update: IMD predicts heavy showers in THESE states for next 4 days; check list
- UP politician Shrikant Tyagi, accused of abusing women, arrested in Meerut
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?