Hillary Clinton clinches the magical number of deligates for US
Washington: Reaching the magical figure of 2,383 delegates on Monday, Hillary Clionton is now the presumed Democratics nominee of United States Presidential elections.
She reached the required 2,383 delegates on Monday, reported US media.
In the primary elections and caucuses, Clinton has won 1,812 pledged delegates while Sanders could win just 1,521 delegates which had given her a lead of 291.
Among superdelegates, Clinton has the support of 571. Sanders is being backed by 48 which is giving Clinton a lead of 523 superdelegates.
Sanders, meanwhile, would need to win 814 delegates to reach 2,383.
- India reports 12,751 new Covid cases and 42 deaths in last 24 hours
- Maha cabinet expansion: 18 MLAs take oath as ministers
- No differences on portfolio allocation, says RJD as Nitish set to exit BJP alliance
- JioGames launches streaming platform "JioGamesWatch"
- NEET PG 2022: Counselling expected to begin from September 1, Supreme court refuses stay- Details here
- 'Deal Finalized' between Nitish Kumar-Tejashwi Yadav; BJP warns Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Monsoon Update: IMD predicts heavy showers in THESE states for next 4 days; check list
- UP politician Shrikant Tyagi, accused of abusing women, arrested in Meerut
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?