Gujarat ATS arrests mastermind of 2002 Godhra case
Ahemdabad: In a major breakthrough the Gujarat anti-terrorist squad on Wednesday nabbed Farooq Bhana, the mastermind of the infamous '2002 Sabarmati Express train-burning incident', fourteen years after the Godhra case.
The anti-terrorist squad Officials said that Bhana will be handed over to the Special Investigation Team (SIT), appointed by the Supreme Court, to investigate the case.
The Godhra case:
- The train burning incident took place on February 27, 2002 killing more than 60 people.
- The incident led to widespread riots in various parts of the state.
Statements by Anti-terrorist squad (ATS):
- SP Himanshu Shukla said that Farooq Bhana, an ex corporator of Godhra municipality, was arrested from Kalol in Panchmahal district.
- Officials said that Bhana is allegedly the main conspirator who had held a meeting at Aman guest house in Phoolan Bazar, adjacent to Godhra railway station.
- “Bhana had told in the meeting that the Sabarmati Express will be late and instead of 2 AM it would reach at 7 AM,” ATS officials said.
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?
- Yogi Adityanath govt announces Rs 25,000 reward for info on Shrikant Tyagi
- PV Sindhu saunters to maiden individual Commonwealth Games gold, completes hat-trick of CWG medals
- Grand Omaxe Society residents hail 'bulldozer baba' after action against Shrikant Tyagi's Noida residence
- Sensex gains 110 pts in early trade; Nifty above 17,400 in opening trade
- CLAT 2023: Registration begins today, here's direct link & how to apply
- Married couple to Get Rs 72,000 yearly pension by investing just Rs 200 per month, here's how
- Twinkle Khanna has an epic reaction to Ranveer Singh's nude photoshoot: The photographs seem underexposed
- Attention! Dangerous chemicals are dissolved in rain water