UP govt lying on AIIMS issue, alleges Gorakhpur MP Adityanath
Gorakhpur: The Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) Member of Parliament from Gorakhpur constituency Yogi Adityanath, on Monday, blasted Uttar Pradesh government for misleading on setting up AIIMS in the city.
Leading a protest march in support of the demand of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Gorakhpur, the BJP MP said UP Chief Minister Akhilesh yadav was lying on the matter as the centre would make available the funds only after the state government would acquire the land which it did not.
Thousands of party workers had started the protest march from the statue of Maharana Pratap near Gorakhpur railway station. (Watch the video below)
- One of the protestors started playing music, through loudspeakers, on high volume near the Maharana Pratap statue during the protest march.
- The police reached the spot and started smacking the BJP worker.
- Later, Adityanath was informed about the matter and he reached the spot too.
- He rebuked the police personnel and said that they had no right to intervene in the protest.
- The march ended soon with Yogi announcing to launch relentless agitation till AIIMS was set up in Gorakhpur.