Angela Merkel calls security council meeting post Munich attack
Berlin: Chancellor Angela Merkel will convene the security council of Germany on Saturday to discuss the situation of Munich after the recent terror attack in a shopping centre of the city.
“The Chancellor has called a meeting of the security council in the wake of the shopping mall attack in Munich. Moreover, the Premier was being constantly briefed about the developments in the southern city, where at least eight people were killed and three attackers were on the loose,” said Peter Altmaier, Merkel’s chief of staff, while interacting with media persons.
- Altmaier said the cabinet ministers called for the meeting were on their way to the German capital.
- Apart from Merkel and Altmaier, the security council includes ministers for defence, foreign and interior affairs as well as top officials of the country.
- India reports 12,751 new Covid cases and 42 deaths in last 24 hours
- Maha cabinet expansion: 18 MLAs take oath as ministers
- No differences on portfolio allocation, says RJD as Nitish set to exit BJP alliance
- JioGames launches streaming platform "JioGamesWatch"
- NEET PG 2022: Counselling expected to begin from September 1, Supreme court refuses stay- Details here
- 'Deal Finalized' between Nitish Kumar-Tejashwi Yadav; BJP warns Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Monsoon Update: IMD predicts heavy showers in THESE states for next 4 days; check list
- UP politician Shrikant Tyagi, accused of abusing women, arrested in Meerut
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?