Former UP CS Javed Usmani in the run for the post of AMU VC
Lucknow: Former Uttar Pradesh Chief Secretary and Chief Information Commissioner Javed Usmani is the frontrunner candidate for the post of Vice-Chancellor of Aligarh Muslim University (AMU).
A meeting to this regard was chaired by the executive committee of AMU on Saturday and is now subjected to the consent of President Pranab Mukherjee, who is also the visitor of this varsity, said AMU sources.
A consensus was made on five names in the executive committee.
AMU to send three names to the President.
- According to the gleaned information the executive committee will send three names to the President of India
- A meeting of the executive committee in this regard will be held on April 7 next.
24 people applied for the post
- Twenty four aspirants had applied for the post out of which nine names were sorted out.
- Later, five names, which got maximum votes, were finalized for the panel. Now three names of these five will be sent to the President.
These are the names:
- Professor Furkan Kamar, general secretary of Indian Universities
- Javed Usmani, former Uttar Pradesh Chief Secretary.
- Professor Syed Eihtesham Hasnain of IIT Dehli.
- S Ahmad Ali, the pro-vice chancellor of AMU.
- Professor Tarik Mansoor of J N Medical College.