It is easy to form govt but difficult to run it: Rajnath on SP
Jhansi: Taking a pot shot at the Samajwadi Party (SP) government in Uttar Pradesh, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Sunday said It was easy to form a government but difficult to run it.
“UP has now become ‘Prashn (question) Pradesh’. The government is backstabbing its citizen in the name of development and I do not understand what they want to prove,”Rajnath said in his address at the concluding ceremony of the two-day long UP Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) state executive held in Jhansi district.
The home minister alleged that Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav failed to maintain law and order in the state.
“I fail to understand the reason that why the government of Uttar Pradesh is unable to handle its responsibilities. Why they do not want to bring Lokpal in the state. SP has the answer to all my queries,” Rajnath added.
The Union Home Minister dubbed SP and Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) as two sides of a same coin.
Uttar Pradesh could not develop because of the nexus of SP and BSP, he alleged.
Excerpts from address of Rajnath:
- The Bharatiya Janata Party is the biggest party in India which knows how to govern, he said.
- The graph of crime in Uttar Pradesh has increased in the last four years.
- Incidents of rape, gang rape, loot and murder are common here.
- Union Government has started many public beneficiary schemes for its citizen.
- SP is misleading the denizens of the state in the name of schemes.
- India, as a whole, can only develop when all of its state will be developed.
- Vowed to form BJP government in UP in 2017 Assembly polls.