Have itchy scalp...? Check remedies to get rid of dandruff !
Lucknow: The most embarrassing thing that could happen is when you need to scratch an itchy scalp at a public gathering.
Dandruff also known as seborrheic dermatitis does not makes your scalp dry but also leads to skin issues like pimples and acne.
Causes of Dandruff:
- Poor hair brushing and shampooing habits.
- Dry skins.
- Improper diet.
- Growth of bacteria and fungus on the scalp.
There is no need to worry! Newstrack.com brings you some of the natural remedies that will help you to get rid of Dandruff.
Coconut oil and Lemon:
- Take two tablespoons of coconut oil and heat it.
- Mix it with equal amount of lemon juice.
- Massage your scalp.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and then wash it off.
Fenugreek (Methi) Pack:
- Soak some methi seeds in water overnight.
- Mash the softened seeds into a paste.
- Apply the paste on your hair for an hour.
- Rinse it off with a mild shampoo.
- Apply some curd on your hair and scalp.
- Leave it for an hour.
- Rinse it off with mild shampoo.
- Wet your hair.
- Rub a handful of Baking Soda onto your scalp.
- Leave it for one to two minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
Tea Tree Oil:
- Massage your scalp with few drops of tea tree oil.
- Leave it for 5 minutes.
- Rinse it off with shampoo.
Apple Cider Vinegar:
- Mix equal amount of apple cider vinegar and water. Keep it aside.
- After washing hair, apply the mixture on the wet hair.
- Massage your scalp properly.
- Leave it for 15 minutes before rinsing it.
Henna or Mehndi:
- Mix it with the liquor, curd and few drops of lemon juice.
- Leave it mixture for eight hours.
- Apply it on scalp and hair.
- Leave it for two hours.
- Wash your hair properly.
Neem (Indian Lilac):
- Make thick paste by grinding the bunch of neem leaves in a food processor.
- Apply the mixture on your scalp.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse your hair properly.
Multani Mitti Hair Pack:
- Make thick paste using Multani Mitti, water and few drops of lemon.
- Apply on your scalp and hair.
- Leave it for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with water.
- Heat few drops of extra virgin oil.
- Massage the oil onto your scalp.
- Wrap your hair in warm towel.
- Leave it for at least 45 minutes or overnight.
- Shampoo your hair.
- Repeat this two times in a week.