Critical stretches of rivers to be assessed to maintain environmental flow
The critical stretches of three rivers -- Ramganga, Mahanadi and Bharathapuzha -- will be assessed for maintaining the environmental flow, Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat said on Monday.
New Delhi: The critical stretches of three rivers -- Ramganga, Mahanadi and Bharathapuzha -- will be assessed for maintaining the environmental flow, Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat said on Monday.
This will jointly be done by India and the European Union (EU).
"E-Flows is for development of storage and flow diversion schemes in order to maintain the aquatic ecosystems in a healthy state and their sustainability. It is jointly assessed for critical stretches in 3 river basins - Ramganga, Mahanadi and Bharathapuzha," the minister said in a tweet.
Ramganga is in Uttarakhand, while Mahanadi and Bharathapuzha are in Chhattisgarh and Odisha, and Kerala respectively.
"Inaugurated the International workshop on 'Environmental Flow Assessment & implementation for India'. Also released the Guidance document on environmental flows in rivers, produced under the India-EU #WaterPartnership @EU_in_India #EUIndiaEkSaath," Shekhawat said in another tweet.
Last year, the government came out with a notification to ensure that the environmental flow was maintained in the Ganga.
- India reports 12,751 new Covid cases and 42 deaths in last 24 hours
- Maha cabinet expansion: 18 MLAs take oath as ministers
- No differences on portfolio allocation, says RJD as Nitish set to exit BJP alliance
- JioGames launches streaming platform "JioGamesWatch"
- NEET PG 2022: Counselling expected to begin from September 1, Supreme court refuses stay- Details here
- 'Deal Finalized' between Nitish Kumar-Tejashwi Yadav; BJP warns Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Monsoon Update: IMD predicts heavy showers in THESE states for next 4 days; check list
- UP politician Shrikant Tyagi, accused of abusing women, arrested in Meerut
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?