Noted Chinese playwright and translator Yang Jiang dies at 104
Beijing: Noted Chinese writer and translator Yang Jiang, who was the widow of acclaimed novelist Qian Zhongshu, passed away at a hospital in capital of China on Wednesday last. She was 104.
The writer’s death was confirmed by her publisher – People’s Literature Publishing House – but, the reason was not disclosed.
- Yang was popularly known for her fiction, plays, essays and non-fiction.
- She was the first one to translate ‘Don Quixote’ – a classic Spanish novel – into Chinese.
- She was born on July 17, 1911 in Beijing and was educated at Chinese schools and universities.
- India reports 12,751 new Covid cases and 42 deaths in last 24 hours
- Maha cabinet expansion: 18 MLAs take oath as ministers
- No differences on portfolio allocation, says RJD as Nitish set to exit BJP alliance
- JioGames launches streaming platform "JioGamesWatch"
- NEET PG 2022: Counselling expected to begin from September 1, Supreme court refuses stay- Details here
- 'Deal Finalized' between Nitish Kumar-Tejashwi Yadav; BJP warns Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Monsoon Update: IMD predicts heavy showers in THESE states for next 4 days; check list
- UP politician Shrikant Tyagi, accused of abusing women, arrested in Meerut
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?