Chennai setting yet new examples for protecting stray animals
Cjhennai: The People for Cattle in India(PFCI) lately discovered a whole unique way to prevent the stray cattle that wander on the streets of Chennai from being knocked down in nocturnal traffic. The initiative is to fit stray animals with a reflective collar around their necks.
Some features of this system:
- According to the 2014 census, there were 85,000 stray dogs in the city.
- Around 300 dogs and cattle were fit with these 'magic collars initially
- They hope of covering 10,000 dogs in coming days.
- These collars are made up of made of a reflective cloth stuck on a nylon tape.
- The collars have been successfully tested and used for dogs in Bengaluru, Pune ad Jamshedpur
- "We decided to take one more step and use it for cattle as well," said Arun Prasanna, founder of (PFCI),
This not only shall save lives of bovine,but also will prevent road accidents.