Charge sheet in Samjhauta train blast is final, clarifies NIA
New Delhi: The National Intelligence Agency (NIA) on Thursday made it clear that the charge sheet it filed in the Samjhauta train blast case was final and the agency had not found any links of Pakistan-based terror group Lashker-e-Taiba (LeT) to the 2007 incident, in which 68 Indian as well as Pakistani citizens were killed.
“The media reports were incorrect that said NIA would approach the Special Court in Panchkula of Haryana with an assessment report of United States (US) agencies that claimed the bombing was LeT’s handiwork,” said a statement by the agency.
- The agency had filed charge sheet against eight people in the case, which was under trial.
- The names include Naba Kumar Sarkar, Sunil Joshi (deceased), Lokesh Sharma, Kamal Chauhan and Rajender Choudhary among others
- India reports 12,751 new Covid cases and 42 deaths in last 24 hours
- Maha cabinet expansion: 18 MLAs take oath as ministers
- No differences on portfolio allocation, says RJD as Nitish set to exit BJP alliance
- JioGames launches streaming platform "JioGamesWatch"
- NEET PG 2022: Counselling expected to begin from September 1, Supreme court refuses stay- Details here
- 'Deal Finalized' between Nitish Kumar-Tejashwi Yadav; BJP warns Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Monsoon Update: IMD predicts heavy showers in THESE states for next 4 days; check list
- UP politician Shrikant Tyagi, accused of abusing women, arrested in Meerut
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?