A call-Taxi driver sets his wife on fire in Chennai
Chennai: A call-taxi driver Nagaraj, allegedly sets his wife alive inside his cab following a heated argument in Nandanam area in Chennai on Sunday. She was admitted to Kilpauk Medical College and was declared dead.
According to the Police,
- Prema doused herself with petrol to threaten Nagaraj.
- She alleged that Nagaraj lit a matchstick and threw on her.
- Nagaraj stepped out of the car when his wife was burning.
- Prema managed to threw both her children Thisanth Raj (4) and Yashwanth Raj (2) through the window on the road.
- The children were rescued by the police and immediately taken to the hospital and are out of danger now.
According to the FIR lodged by Prema's mother Amaravathi, the Saidapet police registered a murder case against Nagaraj and detained him.
Nagaraj was a driver of the car Maruti dzire, Attached to the Ola call taxi service. The car was owned by Prema Sister's husband. They got married five year ago after the death of her first husband.
You may also read: Dayashankar dares Mayawati to contest election against his wife