BHIM-Adhaar pay app-- All you need to know about the application...!
This application is an initiative by the central government that will allow people to make payments without using their smartphones, through the use of a fingerprint scanner which authenticates the biometric details of a user with the Aadhaar database
Lucknow: Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on birth anniversary of Dr. BR Ambedkar, took the opportunity to launch the BHIM-Aadhaar pay app.
This application is an initiative by the central government that will allow people to make payments without using their smartphones, through the use of a fingerprint scanner which authenticates the biometric details of a user with the Aadhaar database.
Newstrack.com brings you all the information that you need to know about the application and its function.
In slides ahead: Get to know all you need to about the BHIM app...
What is BHIM app?
- BHIM stands for Bharat Interface for Money.
- It is an initiative was officially announced by the Prime Minister as a part of his Digital India campaign a few months ago.
- The Central government has launched it on Friday in Digi-Dhan Mela as a one-stop option for all payment requirements.
- The app is available on Android and will be made available on the iOS platform later.
Who is it for?
- The app is for merchants.
How to use the app?
- The merchant has to download the app.
- Enter their details and connect it to a biometric system.
- Customers who have synced their bank accounts to their Aadhaar cards will simply need to input their Aadhaar numbers while making a transaction.
- Their fingerprint will act as the password.
- Users can sync multiple bank accounts and then choose which to use at the time of payment.
How to make payments with the BHIM app?
- Connect your bank accounts with the Aadhaar card.
- Customer's Aadhaar number has to be entered along with the bank name and the amount to be paid during a transaction.
- To make payments the fingerprint of the user is need to be scanned.
- Money transfer will happen automatically.
Does it costs?
- If you are using Aadhaar to pay, it will not cost you and users get to avoid the charges that are normally levied on debit card transactions.
Why should you go for this app?
- The app enables the customers need not to have debit or credit cards.
- The app does not require an internet connection.
- Additional charges such as Merchant Discount Rate are not levied.
- It could prove as a best alternative for cashless transactions.
- Passwords, PIN numbers and such are not required.
- According to the official sources from PMO, so far 27 banks are on board with the scheme with 7.15 lakh merchants.
You may read: PM Narendra Modi remembers Jesus Christ on Good Friday
It could be recalled that speaking on the occasion of the launch of the app, PM Modi had assured that the BHIM app will positively impact several lives across the nation.
He had stated that the initiative of the Digi Dhan movement has been launched as a cleansing mission to fight the menace of corruption.