Audio-visual premiere on Gandhi's favourite songs held in S Africa
An audio-visual extravaganza to mark the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi was premiered here to spread message of peace through his favourite songs.
Johannesburg: An audio-visual extravaganza to mark the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi was premiered here to spread message of peace through his favourite songs.
The premiere held at the University of Witwatersrand's Great hall on Saturday was lauded by the South Africans.
"This was a deliberate strategy to appeal to youth as we send out the universal message of peace and the values that Gandhi ji espoused, but we have found that even older people in the audience enjoyed the show, said Bharghav Purohit from the music composer duo Bhargav-Kedar.
Jeevan Ramjee, who takes care of the Hall, said: "This is such an amazing show that it needs to have a performance at our Gandhi Hall in Lenasia".
During the programme, an exhibition of 19 huge panels recalling highlights of Gandhi's life and promoting Gujarat as a tourist destination was also organised.
"We are delighted with the response here in Johannesburg and are currently negotiating several global venues to take the show there, said curator Varun Sutaria, who put together the programme with assistance from local events coordinator Anil Rambaran.
- India reports 12,751 new Covid cases and 42 deaths in last 24 hours
- Maha cabinet expansion: 18 MLAs take oath as ministers
- No differences on portfolio allocation, says RJD as Nitish set to exit BJP alliance
- JioGames launches streaming platform "JioGamesWatch"
- NEET PG 2022: Counselling expected to begin from September 1, Supreme court refuses stay- Details here
- 'Deal Finalized' between Nitish Kumar-Tejashwi Yadav; BJP warns Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Monsoon Update: IMD predicts heavy showers in THESE states for next 4 days; check list
- UP politician Shrikant Tyagi, accused of abusing women, arrested in Meerut
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?