Polaris India launches new cruiser-bike 'Indian Springfield'
New Delhi: Polaris India Limited, which is known to design high quality Off Road Vehicles (ORVs), has launched the latest 2016 Indian Springfield, a cruiser-bike, for the Indian market at an ex-showroom price of Rs 30.6 lakh (in Delhi).
The superbike is named after the birthplace of the 'Indian Motorcycle' manufacturing company, i.e. Springfield in Massachusetts of United States.
“This new addition offers a blend of touring, comfort and urban versatility through its classic styling and modern technology,” the Managing Director of Polaris India Pankaj Dubey said and added “the launch is a part of the company’s strategy to introduce products that would help it to grow business in India.”
- The company has opened the bookings for the superbike.
- The deliveries will start from August 2016.
- The bike will be available with two colour options – Black and Red.
- The bike can handle both on- and off-road riding and has electronic cruise control.
- The chassis features cartridge forks and an air-adjustable rear shock.
- The bike has a bespoke quick-release wind-shield, remote locking hard bags, and adjustable passenger floorboards.
- For safety, the new Indian gets anti-lock brakes.