Zim Vs Ind, 3rd T20: Match Preview
Harare: Final T20 match of India-Zimababwe cricket series could be an edge of the seat affair when both the teams meet up in the final encounter at the Harare Sports Club on Wednesday. India may have faced a shocker in the first match but minnows Zimbabwe cannot be so optimistic this time against formidable India despite the series is levelled up at 1-1.
For MS Dhoni young Indian brigade, first game was a learning process as skipper put it . They made amends in the second match with few changes in the playing eleven which India are likely to retain in the final nail-biting game of the contest.
- In the second T20 game, Barinder Sran and Jasprit Bumrah had produced some audacious spells which stopped Zimbabwe touching 100-run mark.
- Indian bowling with Barinder Sran, Jasprit Bumrah, Axar Patel, Yuzvendra Chahal and Dhawal Kulkarni looks strong.
- With 103-run opening stand in the last game, KL Rahul and Mandeep Singh have shown their prowess.
- Manish Pandey, Kedar Jhadav and Ambati Rayudu are experienced guns, which will have to take appropriate care of the middle order.
- MS Dhoni may promote himself in the batting order ahead of many of the inexperienced youngsters.
- Apart from 1stT20, Zimbabwe team has remained inconsistent in all the encounters against India.
- Elton Chigumbura has to repeat his 26-ball 54-run innings, which he played in the first T20 and was perhaps the only bright spot in rather pedestrian batting line-up.
- Zimbabwe will rely on Chamu Chibhabha, Sikandar Raza, Graeme Cremera and Elton Chigumbura.
- Despite surrendering against vehement Indian side, Zimbabwe will focus to upset the visitors as they did in the first T20 clash.