Zaheer Khan becomes MCC Honorary Life Member after Sachin, Sehwag
London: Former Indian Cricket team pacer Zaheer Khan has been conferred with an honorary life membership by the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) on Friday here. He has become 24th Indian cricketer to get the honour.
John Stephenson, MCC Head of Cricket said:
- Zaheer Khan was a fantastic servant to cricket in India and an integral part of their very successful side for many years.
- For this reason the Club is very pleased to award him with Honorary Life Membership.
- He was always great to watch when he played at Lord's and we look forward to having him back here as an MCC Member.
- Zaheer Khan took retirement from International Cricket in October 2015.
- He has claimed 282 wickets in 200 One Day Internationals.
- In 92 Test matches, he has bagged 311 wickets.
Earlier, former Indian opening batsman Virender Sehwag was made the life member of the MCC in August. Sachin Tendulkar and Sunil Gavaskar are other Indian cricketers in the list.
Here is the list of 24 Indian cricketers honoured with life membership by MCC:
N.J. Contractor (1969)
A.L. Wadekar (1978)
C.G. Borde (1981)
F.M. Engineer (1981)
R.G. Nadkarni (1981)
B.S. Bedi (1982)
B.S. Chandrasekhar (1982)
E.A.S. Prasanna (1984)
S. Venkataraghavan (1988)
G.R. Viswanath (1990)
M. Amarnath (1993)
S.M. Gavaskar (1993)
D.B. Vengsarkar (1993)
Kapil Dev (1995)
S.M.H. Kirmani (1995)
R.J. Shastri (1995)
K.S. More (1999)
R. Dravid (2008)
A. Kumble (2008)
S.R. Tendulkar (2010)
S.C. Ganguly (2015)
Miss A. Chopra (2016)
V. Sehwag (2016)
Z. Khan (2016)
Also read: HAPPY BIRTHDAY: Indian cricketer Ishant Sharma turns 28