Manish Pandey replaces injured Yuvraj Singh in T20 World Cup
Mumbai: The star all-rounder of the Indian cricket team, Yuvraj Singh, has been ruled out of the T20 World Cup owing to his ankle injury, which he sustained while batting in the group-two match of the super ten-stage against Australia in Mohali on Sunday.
- India will miss Yuvraj in T20 World Cup semi-final against the West Indies in Mumbai on Thursday.
- Yuvraj grabbed the vital wicket of Steven Smith in his last match of the series.
- The star all-rounder will be replaced by Manish Krishnanand Pandey, who is a right-handed middle ordered batsman.
- The 26-year-old batsman from Karnataka has played two T20 internationals and four One Day Internationals (ODIs).
- Pandey, who had scored a century against Australia in his last ODI appearance for India, has arrived in Mumbai on Monday night for the next match of the T20 World Cup.