Winning overseas is our prime goal: Ravindra Jadeja
Basseterre: Focusing more on West Indies series win, Indian Cricket team’s all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja on Friday said that their prime focus is to change people’s perception about their overseas performances by winning the four-test match series.
- Nowadays, all people care about how much you have won overseas in Tests and ODIs.
- So our focus is on that and we want to win here in the West Indies.
- Everyone says that we win easily in India, so we want to change that thinking.
- We are a young side and each one of us is eager to win in overseas conditions.
In the second practice match against West Indies Cricket Board President XI, Jadeja has given an awe-inspiring spell (3/16) on the pitch which offered slow turn to the spinners.
Regarding his Day 1 performance with the ball, he said-
- The way I bowled yesterday, it felt like I am building towards and getting back to my full fitness.
- The wicket was turning slow but there was good bounce available for us. So I was trying to bowl as per my line and length.
Bowling as a unit, other Indian spinners in the form of R. Ashwin (3/62) and Amit Mishra (2/45) also shined on the first day of the second practice match.
India will play Caribbeans in the first Test match which is scheduled to start from July 21.
NADA ensures dope-free Rio Olympics for Indian athletes