US Open: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna win, Leander Paes exits
New York: Indian Tennis players Sania Mirza and Rohan Boppana on Sunday won matches in their respective rounds at Flushing Meadows here in US Open. Leander Paes, who was ousted from the men’s doubles, also exited from the mixed doubles suffering a defeat in the second round.
- Mirza- Barbora Strycova pair beaten Viktorija Golubic and Nicole Melichar duo by 6-2, 7-6(5) in the second round of the women's doubles.
- Both will play Nicole Gibbs and Nao Hibino in their next match.
- In mixed doubles, Bopanna along with Canada’s Gabriela Dabrowski thumped Lukasz Kubot-Andrea Hlavackova pair 5-7, 6-3, 10-7 reaching quarterfinals.
- They will play Robert Farah and Anna-Lena Gr nefeld in the quarterfinals.
- Indo-Swiss pair of Paes-Martina Hingis led 8-4 in the match tiebreaker but ended up losing 7-6 (1), 3-6, 13-11to Coco Vandeweghe and Rajeev Ram in the second round.
- The pair had completed a Grand Slam at the French Open in 2015.