This is not the Virat Kohli we know: Virender Sehwag breaks silence on RCB batters' slump in form
Virat Kohli will surely fly to Australia to take part in the World Cup as his experience of playing in those conditions will come in handy. But if he does not go back among runs, it can weaken the batting strength
Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) have been knocked out of the IPL 2022 after loss in Qualifier 2 in hands of Rajasthan Royals (RR). In this game too, Virat Kohli could not do much with the bat as has been the story in this season for the star batter. The season has ended for him with over 300 runs fro 16 games and just two fifties to his name, one of which was a very scratchy innings.
His slump in form in a serious issue for India, especially in a T20 Wor Cup cycle. Virat will surely fly to Australia to take part in the World Cup as his experience of playing in those conditions will come in handy. But if he does not go back among runs, it can weaken the batting strength.
Former India batter Virender Sehwag has tried to put some light on why Virat has failed to deliver in this season of the league. Sehwag feels that Kohli has indeed been unlucky but he has also made mistakes, maybe more in this season than his whole career combined.
"When you are out of form, you are just trying to middle every ball to get confidence. In the first over, he did let go of some deliveries, but this is exactly what happens when you are not in form, you go chasing after balls. Sometimes luck favours you, the ball does not catch the edge of your bat. But it did not happen this way. This is not the Virat Kohli we know; this is perhaps some other Virat Kohli this season," Sehwag was quoted as saying on Cricbuzz Live.
Sehwag said that he disappointed his RCB fans by playing a bad shot in such a big game.
"The number of mistakes he has made this season, he probably has not made as many in his entire career. When you are not scoring runs, you try to do different things and then you are dismissed in different ways. This time, Virat Kohli has been dismissed in all the ways possible. He could have possibly let go of that ball or he could have gone hard at it. He disappointed his fans and RCB fans, it was such a big match," he further said.
- Covid live: India reports 16,103 new cases and 31 deaths
- Shah moves political resolution at BJP's National Exec meet
- Head count for Maharashtra assembly speaker elections begins
- Two-day Maharashtra Assembly session from today; Eknath Shinde govt to face floor test on July 4
- Koffee With Karan 7 trailer: Samantha Ruth Prabhu blames Karan Johar for 'unhappy marriages', Sara Ali Khan roasts ex
- 'PM has not actually understand MGNREGA', says Rahul Gandhi in Kerala
- PM Modi lands in Hyderabad for key party meeting
- Sena's Rajan Salvi files papers for Maha speaker
- Amravati chemist killed for supporting Nupur Sharma? Amit Shah orders NIA to probe case
- CBSE Board Results 2022 DATE: Class 10th, 12th term- 2 results at cbseresults.nic.in on this DATE - Check update