Ganguly counter-attacks Shastri, says comments were personal
Kolkata: In a scathing counter-attack on Ravi Shastri, former Indian skipper Sourav Ganguly on Wednesday said that the former is living in a fool’s world if he finds him as the reason denying him the post of Indian Cricket team.
'' I am just a part of advisory committee and not a sole decision-maker. Shastri has been also been in such position and he should understand the nitty-gritty of the process,'' he said when his attention was drawn towards the direct allegations of the former Mumbai player and the outgoing director of Team India.
Shastri had said that Ganguly disrespected him by not being present at the presentation and informed that all four members (Sachin Tendulkar, VVS Laxman, Sanjay Jagdale and Sourav Ganguly) of Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC) were present when Anil Kumble gave his presentation for the head coach.
Ganguly told TV channels-
- Comments of Ravi Shastri are personal.
- He is living in a fool’s world if he feels that I am the reason behind his failure of not being selected as Indian head coach.
- It angers me that he gave a suggestion that I should be available for such meetings. I have been a part of BCCI meetings for some time and I have always been available.
- My advice to Ravi is that when the coach of India is selected and one of the most important jobs, he should have been in front of the committee and not sit in Bangkok and give a presentation through video conferencing.
- I am extremely saddened that he went on air to express his views. Specially being the someone who has been in every BCCI committee for the last 20 years.
- He is aware of everything as he has been in my position for selecting the coach 10 years back.