Rio 2015: Ryan Lochte fastest in 200 metre swimming, Phelps finishes third
Rio de Janeiro: With two places ahead of rival Michael Phelps, American swimmer Ryan Lochte finished first in the 200 metres individual event at the ongoing Rio Olympics.
- Lochte clocked one minute 57.38 seconds in the afternoon heats
- Philip Heintz of Germany finished second 1:57.59.
- American swimmer and 21 gold medal winners Phelps was third in 1:58.41.
It may be recalled that Phelps won the gold medal and Lochte won the silver in 2012 London games.
What Lochte said:
- It is just the starting for United States of America.
- We know when the time is right.
- Working hard to reduce the time.