Motera Cricket stadium to become world’s biggest, to seat 110,000
Ahmedabad: The Sardar Patel Gujarat Stadium in Motera is soon going to become world’s biggest Cricket stadium, surpassing Melbourne Cricket ground of Australia.
The stadium, which had a capacity of 54,000, will provide seat to 110,000 Cricket devotees when it will be renovated in couple of years. Melbourne Cricket ground, however, tops the list with a capacity of 90,000.
Sardar Patel Gujarat Stadium in Motera, inaugurated in 1982, has hosted total 12 Tests and 24 One Day Internationals.
Here are top five Cricket stadiums by capacity in the next slide:
- Melbourne Cricket Stadium (Melbourne, Australia)
- Eden Gardens (Kolkata, India)
- Shaheed Veer Narayan Singh International Cricket stadium (Naya Raipur, India)
- Jawaharlal Nehru International Stadium (Kochi, India)
- Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium (Hyderabad, India)