McCullum’s farewell match: New Zealand wins by 55 runs
Hamilton: The New Zealand cricket team has given an ever memorable farewell to its star batsman Brendon MacCullum by winning the last One Day International (ODI) match of his career with a lead of 55 runs against Australia in the third ODI match at Seddon Park in Hamilton.
Speaking about his farewell, McCullum said “I knew about the record of 200 sixes. I have been so lucky to play for 14 years and represent my country. Not many get that opportunity. When you play against Australia, you have to play your best cricket. We were good for 80% of the game today. Thanks everyone for the support and all these memories will stay in my life. We are very lucky to do what we do.”
- Martin Guptill scored 59 runs from 61 balls
- Ish Sodhi was declared Man of the Match for his figures of 2/31 that included wickets of Smith and Maxwell.
- McCullum scored 47 runs with 6 boundaries and 3 sixes from just 27 balls.
- His strike rate was 174.07.
- Mitchell Marsh took 3 wickets
- Australian team batsman Usman Khawaja scored 44 runs from 36 ball
- Mitchell Marsh scored 41 runs from 42 balls.
- All other batsman did not play well and collapsed in just 43.4 overs scoring 191 runs.
- New Zealand bowlers bowled brilliant.
- Matt Henry took 3 wickets with an economy of 6.00.
- Corey Anderson took 2 wickets with an economy of 2.67.