Lodha hails SC’s verdict, finds it great for Indian Cricket
New Delhi: Welcoming Superme Court’s decision regarding the acceptance of major recommendations of his committee in Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), Justice R.M. Lodha on Tuesday said that it was a grand day for the Indian Cricket.
Asking Cricket fans to cheer, Justice Lodha said that the verdict will improve the game and its administration.
He said that the ministers who are no-where involved with Cricket cannot provide best to the Cricket.
“The level at which Indian cricket is right now, it demands full devotion from its administration,” said Lodha.
The court on Moday had accepted the recommendations of the committee headed by retired Chief Justice of India Justice R M Lodha to have a CAG nominee in the BCCI.
The recommendations included:
- Civil servants above 70-years-age are prohibited from becoming its members
- Court accepts Lodha Committees’ recommendation of having a CAG nominee in the BCCI
- SC rejected BCCI’s objection against recommendation of one-State-one-vote
- States like Maharashtra and Gujarat will have voting rights on a rotational basis
- There should be a players association in the BCCI
- One person should hold one post in cricket administration to avoid any conflict of interest
- SC asks Parliament to decide whether BCCI should come under RTI or not
- Decision of legalising the betting is also left with the parliament
- Bench requested a three-member panel to look after the transition of administrative structure in the BCCI
BCCI respects SC’s decision; Kirti Azad, Bishan Bedi takes dig