Karun Nair slams 303* | List of records broken
Chennai: Karun Nair with his magnificent innings of 303* runs off just 381 balls comprising 32 fours and 4 sixes against England in Chennai Test became only the second Indian batsman to score a triple century after the former Indian opener Virender Sehwag, who achieved the milestone twice.
His innings, which saw him shifting gears after every 50 runs, helped India post their highest ever total in Test Cricket 759/7. Karun Nair broke many more records during his epic triple ton which are listed below.
Also Read: Karun Nair converts maiden ton into a triple
- Highest ever individual score by an Indian at No 5 or lower. He surpassed MS Dhoni's record of 224 runs.
- First ever batsman to convert maiden Test ton into a triple. He surpassed Vinod Kambli who had converted his maiden century into 224 runs.
- Third highest score by an Indian in Tests after Sehwag's 319 and 309.
- Only the third India after VVS Laxman and Dhoni to score more than 200 runs in Tests while coming in to bat at No 5 or lower.
- He went pass the highest scores of several Indian batting greats like VVS Laxman (281), Rahul Dravid (270) and Sachin Tendulkar (248*).
- This was also his second triple-century in first-class Cricket. His best in the format is 329 for Karnataka against Tamil Nadu in Ranji Trophy final.
Several former and current cricket personalities congratulated Karun Nair on scoring his maiden triple century.
Check the next slides to read the tweets: