IPL 2016, GLvsMI: Match Preview
Kanpur: Placed at the second spot, Suresh Raina- led Gujarat Lions will focus to glue themselves in the play-offs.
On the other hand, Rohit Sharma- led Mumbai Indians will play a must-win game with all guns blazing.
Green Park stadium will witness a high-octane match as both teams will leave no stone unturned to demoralize the opposite team in today’s encounter here on Saturday.
- The good news for them is that their skipper and boisterous batsman Suresh Raina is back into the form.
- Raina, who carries the ability to thrash any bowling attack, had played a match-winning knock of unbeaten 53 runs, which helped GL script a 6-wicket win over KKR.
- The fireworks of Brendon McCullum and Dwayne Smith can disturb any bowling attack.
- Aaron Finch, Dwayne Bravo, Dinesh Karthik and Ravindra Jadeja will concentrate on strengthening the middle order.
- Bowling department has always back-seated the Lions despite Dwayne Smith’s last match heroic spell.
- Praveen Kumar, Dwayne Bravo and Dhawal Kulkarni have to take the charge to surpass MI batting.
- The batting looks deep in the form of Rohit Sharma, Ambati Rayudu, Krunal Pandya, Kieron Pollard and Jos Buttler.
- When it comes to chasing, Rohit has remained impressive so far in the tournament.
- Harbhajan Singh and Krunal Pandya’s spin can make roads tougher for GL batsmen.
- Mitchell McClenaghan, Tim Southee and Jasprit Bumrah have to give some fiery spells to outshine GL’s dangerous batting line-up.